Monthly objectives - November 2021

Things I aim to achieve in november 2021

Since I decided to code with the end goal to become a frontend developer, I followed many courses and tutorials, but so far I haven't build many things by myself. This is what I want to work on this month: "mettre la théorie en pratique" so that I can be fully comfortable using HTML, CSS and JavaScript vanilla.


Courses and tutorials

I know, I know, I just said I wanted to escape "Tutorial Hell", and I do. However, I wish to finish the Bootcamp I started in october; I have troubles with JavaScript and Ania Kubòw's bootcamp has been really usefull in that regard.

Furthermore, there is this course "Concevez un contenu web accessible" on Openclassrooms that I wish to follow. It's about building websites that are accessible for as many people as possible. You can also see the website Humanebydesign.com: "A resource that provides guidance for designing ethically humane digital products through patterns focused on user well-being."

Regarding tutorials you can check my YouTube channel: I saved a few playlists with cool CSS tricks you may want to try.


Building projects

The Internet is vast and the number of resources to chose from can freeze us into inaction - "where am I supposed to start?" - which is why, for now, I've decided to stick with the challenges on Frontend Mentor. I'm aware there are other websites offering more or less the same concept and I fully plan on trying them later on once I am more settled with the basics. Here are the four projects I plan on doing this month:
  • Stat preview card (HTML & CSS)
  • 3-column preview card (HTML & CSS)
  • Profile card (HTML & CSS)
  • FAQ accordion (HTML, CSS, JS)
Those challenges are free and have the difficulty level "Newbie". I hope to achieve them fairly easily and maybe do some more. We will see at the end of the month how it went.

In summary, november 2021 will be about:

  • Finishing the bootcamp I started in october.
  • Following the course on building accessible websites.
  • Doing four challenges (minimum) from Frontend Mentor.

What plans do you have for this month?

Comments